Although an expensive city, London is more affordable than you might think. Rent and transport can be notoriously pricy, however there’s a million ways to optimise your budget while maintaining an exciting way of life.
If you decide to apply for the Kape Internships program, you should also investigate your eligibility for any funding schemes. Search the web or ask in your university for funding opportunities. Programmes like the Leonardo da Vinci or Erasmus+ can be of great help while you are staying in London.
Money Saving Tips
- Enjoy thousands of free events, lectures and seminars held in London throughout the year.
- There are hundreds of vouchers and discounts available ranging from travel to books and cinema tickets to eating out. There are many websites where you can find information about current offers.
- Research about where to live. Renting costs vary widely depending on your location in London.
- The best things in life are free. Discover historical London, visit Royal Parks and enjoy free entrance to world-class galleries and museums.
- Consider cycling to work! It’s a great way to save cash and improve your fitness at the same time.
- Before you go food shopping, make a list and stick to it. Look out for discounts and buy fresh food rather than processed or packaged foods – not only will you be healthier, it’s cheaper! Also consider bringing your lunch to work.
Don’t forget, by living and working in London you are investing in your future and you will:
- Gain an internationally recognised work experience
- Work in a city with links to global companies
- Live in the world’s most culturally diverse city
- Create an international network of friends
- Improve your language and communication skills!
Complete the form below, and a member of our team will contact you at the earliest convenience.